A key objective of the organization is to promote safe, secure and reliable environment in game of chance. That’s why EOGL members have developed a set of ambitious standards to:
TAXATION IN GAMES OF CHANCE
- Equality in taxation – taxation should be equal for all betting and gaming types, so none of these types will be in more favorable position in taxation then the others types of betting and gaming.
- Security and transparency – taxation should be distinct because the operators could provide, as far as possible, the tax consequences of transactions and their activities.
- Efficiency – Tax regulations should not give the result of double taxation and the risk of tax evasion.
In dialogue with the national authorities EOGL will represent that the Law in game of chance must define all taxes and fees that operators should pay.
ZERO TOLERANCE OF FRAUDULENT, CRIMINAL BEHAVIOUR AND ILLEGAL MAKET
- Constant turning to the competent authorities we will insist on fighting against illegal market.
- Our members will introduce anti-money laundering policies and procedures to cater for the identification, escalation and reporting of unusual or suspicious activities and including Introducing anti-money laundering practices which include the provision of suspicious transaction reports to the relevant national financial investigation unit and international institutions material or unusual deposits, withdrawals and customer accounts where low or no gaming or betting activity takes place.
RESPONSIBLE GAMING – PREVENTION OF ADDICTION IN GAMES OF CHANCE
EOGL strives to create a responsible and humble gaming environment for each and every one playing at web sites of our members. Gaming is socially enjoyable and a harmless source of entertainment to the most of people. Members of EOGL want to provide the safest and the most innovating gaming platform for adults. Main EOGL principles for responsible gaming:
- Members of our organization will inform customers with explicit information about the possible risks and harms in games of chance.
- Customers of our members should have access to helplines they can call for assistance about their gambling behavior, and they should be able to exclude themselves from gambling websites.
- Our members allowing customers to request the setting of betting/deposit limits
- Members of EOGL offering customers the opportunity to self-exclude
- EOGL developed the project “It is possible to quit“. The essence of the project is training of all employees who come into contact with the players in recognizing first symptoms of gambling addiction.
- The employees of our members will ensure that the players understand problem gambling issues and are able to liaise with the players appropriately.
UNDERAGE POLICY OF MEMBERS
- Only persons older than age of 18 are allowed to register and place bets on websites of our members. This limitation is clearly visible while the person is creating a players account. The acceptance of “Terms and Conditions” of our members is condition for creating a user account on web site. By accepting the Terms and Conditions the player is obligated to comply with all the rules and limitations specified in Terms and conditions.
- The web sites of our members will regularly check the validity of all information that the player has supplied while creating the account.
- All relevant employees are adequately trained for the use of age verification. The Customer Service of our members is specifically trained to use secondary verification as the starting procedure in determination of the players’ age.
- Employees of our members are only individuals who are older than 18 years. Each company checks the identity documents and determines whether candidates have more than 18 year.
- Our staff is properly trained to use age verification procedures. Also, in particular customer services, staff must be appropriately trained to use secondary forms of identification when initial verification procedures fail to prove that an individual is of legal age, enabling their gaming websites to permit filtering software to be used by adults in order to restrict access to relevant pages of those sites.
LEGAL OPERATING LICENSE FOR SAFE AND RELIABLE ENVIROMENT
- Having a legal operating license from a reputable regulatory authority
- Members of EOGL commit to an annual audit of financial statements and accounts performed by a reputable external audit firm.